Tuesday, November 19, 2013

JOURNEY TO MONCLOVIA

Mark Mikel's 35th Anniversary Concert

Anticipation grows... 

In 1995, following the demise of Jellyfish, I discovered and became an instantaneous fan of Mark Mikel and The Pillbugs. Over the years I've collected every official release and (luckily) hours and hours of unreleased material from the archives of the amazing Mr. Mikel.

On Saturday November 23rd 2013, I will finally have the opportunity to see Mark LIVE in concert with his musical friends and colleagues at his 35th Anniversary Extravaganza in Maumee, Ohio.

If you are able to, I urge you to join us for this once in a lifetime event. 
As my British friends might say, "I'm chuffed to bits to be going!" 

Compiled here are a few of my favorite videos and performances from the past 33 years of this musical journey....


===========================================

1981

Marikesh (unreleased)

"Saturday Knows (Where I Go)"



1990

Mark Mikel - CD: Sorghum Pudding (1993)

"Passage Of Eternity"




1991

Mark Mikel - (unreleased)

"Higher Llamas"



1997

The Pillbugs - CD: The Pillbugs (1998)

"Son of Shirley"



2002

The Pillbugs - CD: Happy Birthday (2004)

"Peasant Girls"




2003

The Pillbugs - CD: The 3-Dimensional In-Popcycle Dream (2003)

"Red Light Summer"




2007

The Pillbugs - CD: Buzz For Aldrin (2007)

"Spaced Out (Rock and Roll)"




2011

Dark Ocean Colors

"My Barbara Closed The Doors"




2013

Mark Mikel solo at
The Cavern, Liverpool, England




I HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!! 




For more information about Mark Mikel, The Pillbugs, Dark Ocean Colors and 
everything in between, check out the on-line history of "Illuminating Drink"

1 comment:

  1. great line-up of songs! Really excited that you are coming!

    ReplyDelete